Feroz Khan flags off distribution of solar water heaters, other equipments
Kargil: Chairman/CEC, LAHDC, Kargil Feroz Ahmad Khan Saturday flagged off the distribution of solar water heaters and other renewable energy devices at Kargil Renewable Energy Development Agency (KREDA) Office, Kurbathang to beneficiaries and these have been procured under Subsidy Component/CCDA of LAHDC Kargil.
Executive Councilor Works, LAHDC, Kargil Mubarak Shah Naqvi, EC RD, Tourism and Zansksar Affairs, Er Punchok Tashi, EC Social Welfare, Aga Syed Mehdi Fazili, Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Kargil Santosh Sukhadeve, Project Director/CEO (PD) KREDA, Kacho Ahmed Khan, Executive Engineer, EPDPDC, Feroz Ahmed Wani, Councilors, other officers and officials of KREDA were present on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, the CEC said that the use of solar water heaters and other renewable energy devices will help in saving tonnes of carbon dioxide and ultimately help in making Ladakh a carbon-neutral region.
Khan advised the beneficiaries to use the equipment in a proper way so that they get benefit from it.
He also directed the concerned department not to compromise on the quality of the equipment and ensure their maintenance.
He also instructed the Councilors to ensure that all the products under the Subsidy Component should be distributed at the earliest so that it reaches to the beneficiaries.
LAHDC Kargil had proposed solar water heaters and other renewable devices which include solar home lighting, electric flour mill, solar street light and various other renewable devices to procure under subsidy scheme through Councilor quota procured by KREDA.
The scheme had been implemented on the basis of 25:75 share. The 25 percent cost of solar water heaters and other renewable devices have to be borne by the beneficiaries while the rest 75 percent cost has been sanctioned under the scheme.
Project Director and CEO, KREDA, Kacho Ahmed Khan thanked the CEC, Executive Councilors, Deputy Commissioner Kargil, Councilors and other dignitaries and guests. He also said that 5-year manufacturing operation and maintenance has been ensured for each device.
It was also informed that in the financial year 2021-2022, 1,218 solar water heaters of 100 LPD and 577 200 LPD had been distributed. In the same year, 70 solar home lightings, 188 solar street lights and 2 solar high mast have been distributed.
In the previous financial year, 2022-2023, 995 solar water heaters of 100 LPD and 930 solar water heaters of 200 LPD are under distribution.
In the current financial year, 245 solar home lighting, 12 electric floor mills, 13 solar street lights are under the process of distribution.
Similarly, for the current financial year 2023-2024, 110 solar water heaters of 100 LPD and 250 solar water heaters of 200 LPD have been proposed.
For the same financial year, 120 solar home lighting, 6 electric floor mills, 10 solar butter churners, 03 electric scooties and 20 solar street lights have been proposed.
Janbhagidari event held at Primary School SpitukJune 6, 2023