Monday, February 26
CEC Akhoon discusses compensation issues under alignment construction of NH-301

CEC Akhoon discusses compensation issues under alignment construction of NH-301

0
205

Kargil: Chairman/Chief Executive Councillor, LAHDC, Kargil, Dr Mohd Jaffer Akhoon Saturday chaired a meeting to discuss issues of land, tree and housing compensation coming under the alignment construction of NH-301.

Executive Councillor, Social Welfare, Aga Syed Mujataba, Executive Councilor RDD, Er. Phuchock Tashi, Councilor Parkachick, Tai-Suru, Lankarchey, Saliskote, GM Pore, Baroo, besides ACR Kargil, Executive Engineer R&B, Executive Engineer SVD, General Manager NHIDCL, Tehsildar Sankoo and Kargil were present during the meeting.

During the meeting, detailed discussions were held on issues of Land, tree and housing compensation coming under the alignment construction of NH-301. The meeting also discussed the issues raised by the Councilors of their respective constituencies.

ACR Kargil informed the CEC that around 70 percent of land compensation has been completed and the rest 30 percent will be completed till March this year. CEC Kargil directed ACR to complete the remaining compensation work within the stipulated timeline.

While addressing the issues of houses that are adjacent to Highway NH-301 and are affected severely, the CEC said a letter will be written to DC Kargil to frame committee for the overall assessment of damage and the report will submit to Competent Authority of Land Acquisition (CALA) for consideration to address genuine grievances of people.

Regarding the enhancement in compensation of land, trees, CEC Kargil was informed that revised list has been submitted through DC Kargil to higher authorities of UT Ladakh for approval.

CEC Dr Jaffer directed representatives of NHIDCL to submit realignment report of first phase of NH-301 at the earliest so that the construction work in the first phase could be started.

The CEC also directed NHIDCL representatives to do the first phase’s maintenance work. He also directed to fill patches of roads at various locations of Sankoo, Tai-Suru areas at the earliest.

CEC Dr Jaffer directed all the officials to implement all the directions of the meeting in letter and spirit at ground level.

He also said that next review meeting will be held in the first week of March to assess the result of the directions instructed in the meeting.

Leave a reply